- We may share Identifying Information with regulatory or other legal authorities if requested to do so by a court or other government or law enforcement authority.
- We may collect and use information about you and your use of the THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites, including Identifying Information, for our own internal purposes such as, for example, analyzing usage of the THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites in order to improve them.
- We may use, aggregate and/or distribute information about you and your use of the THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites in ways that do not identify you individually or reveal your identity.
- Advertisements, promotional offers, promotional e-mails, “free gifts,” and links, for example, on the THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites or sent via e-mail or other means from THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE may ask for Identifying Information from you. If you provide this information, your Identifying Information may be provided (either directly from you or by COLUMBIA BOOKS INC.) to the advertiser or Web site or company making the offer or providing the gift.
- THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE may send users, via e-mail or other means, information relating to THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites and/or information on specials, new products and/or promotions from our marketing partners/colleagues. The information described in these messages is intended to be of high interest or value to our users. To choose not to receive such messages, a user can simply click or go to a URL link located in the e-mail or other message, which will remove the user from future mailings. Or, for certain sites a user may edit his/her personal account information, which contains an option on receiving special offers, at any time by clicking the appropriate link on the applicable THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE site.
- Occasionally we make our customer list available to other reputable organizations, so you may receive offers you might find interesting. Sporadically we permit carefully selected organizations to advertise in our e-mail publications, let them sponsor product alerts or will sponsor their product offers. To stop receiving such e-mails, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mail or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- In the course of our business, THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE might buy or sell sites or assets. In these kinds of transactions, customer information (such as Identifying Information) is usually one of the transferred business assets. In the event that COLUMBIA BOOKS INC., its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates is acquired, merged, or otherwise combined with another party, customer information (such as Identifying Information) will be one of the transferred assets.
- THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE may use other companies and persons to perform certain functions for us. These functions might include, for example, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and sending e-mail. These other companies and persons may have access to customer information (such as Identifying Information) that’s needed to perform their functions, but they are not authorized to use it for any other purposes.
- We may share Identifying Information with affiliated companies, business partners and joint ventures, for example, but, we use reasonable efforts to require those companies to honor the confidentiality of such Identifying Information.
In order to provide our users with a more complete understanding of how THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites collect and use information from our users, we have provided the following information:
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites log IP addresses for systems administration, diagnostic, and site tracking purposes, and to report aggregate information to advertisers. THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites do not link IP addresses to information identifying users individually.
THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites use files called “cookies” to store usernames, passwords, and other user preferences so that users don’t have to re-enter this information each time they use a particular THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE site. You should be aware that advertisers serving ads on THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE sites may use their own cookies.
We, or a data provider we have engaged, may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads, content or services. No personally identifiable information is placed into these cookies. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, in hashed, non-human readable form.
Opt-Out; Correcting Information
You may opt out of having Identifying Information used for non-essential purposes, disclosed to third parties or used to send promotional correspondence by contracting THE SUNWATER INSTITUTE at the mailing address or email address below. You may also correct information in your registration form by contacting us at the address below. To ensure that your intention in the email is clear, you should include the words “opt-out” and “Identifying Information” in the subject field of such email. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact:
12358 Parklawn Drive, Suite 220
North Bethesda, Maryland 20852
Phone: (240) 715-9507